Sunday, July 8, 2007

A Quick One

Have to make this quick, as it is 2:30 AM here of my last night/morning here in beautiful Cape Town. Today I managed to take a walk into the city, though it was eerily quiet being a Sunday and all. Norah and Kelly picked me up and, luckily, the weather had cleared so we were able to take the cableway up to the top of Table Mountain. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it is the highest point in Cape Town... a mountain that resembles, you guessed it, a table. The amazing part, though, is that this mountain used to be under water. It's amazing up there... a bird's eye view of all of the city. The picture is of me and Kelly at the top in front of what you may be able to tell is the city. It was a bit foggy up on the mountain when we were up there, but amazing nonetheless. I had dinner with the Westermans, then Kelly and I met up with some of her friends at a local bar for a few drinks. It was nice to be out with people, as I was starting to get tired of talking to myself. Still, I was the old one... not by much, but being out of the whole college scene makes such a huge difference. Not that it mattered, really.


Anyhow, I am about to run out of battery... both for the computer and for myself. My flight leaves Cape Town at 8:10 PM local time tomorrow, which would be 11:10 AM California time. I really am going to miss it here, though I am so happy to be coming home. I hope you all have a chance to visit this incredible city one day... perhaps with me when I return!

Love from Cape Town for the very last time... for a while, at least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

erin,

we've been checking for "the rest of the story."
we have enjoyed following you on your journey and look forward to more stories and photos.

love, lorrie and john