Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Quick Hello From Cape Town!

Don't have much time to post, as the Westermans (the extended Mitsubishi Elevator family) will be picking me up in a half hour or so for dinner at the V&A Waterfront. London seems like a blur, but arriving here in Cape Town has already been so eye-opening. When we landed, we landed right over a small squatter camp. It broke my heart a little bit to see, first-hand, how so many people live. Everyone I've met has been so nice and welcoming, which is a far cry from the people in London. It's obvious they want you to love their city as much as they do.

In other news, I do have wireless internet where I am currently staying, so I will be able to access email and this thing rather frequently. I have also rented an international phone, and incoming calls are free for me... just remember the time difference! The number is:

+27 (0)82-858-8133

Lots of love from the Mother City, and I will post more in depth (hopefully with pictures) later.

No comments: